Sunday, April 02, 2006

Is it broken, or not broken?

Two doctors, two different opinions...
Last night, after a 3-hour, 2-hospital ordeal, I was relieved when the on-duty doctor at the downtown hospital told me that my bones look fine, it's just a pretty serious contusion that should go away in less than a week.

This morning however, another doctor called in with a slightly different diagnosis: "it appears that there's fracture in your left ankle. You'd need to see a orthopedist to determine the extent of the damage. A hard cast may be necessary."

So what shall it be? Well I guess I'll have to find out on Monday.

It's pretty incredible, really, to have your bone broken over basketball. The silver lining, though, is that now I won't have to worry about not having time for my papers and books. I guess everything happens for a reason.

Many thanks for your kind words and care, guys. I'll keep you guys updated.


豬腳粽,豬腳粽,燒豬腳粽!

7 comments:

riceman said...

Hope you feel better soon. Not that this is going to make you feel better but I fractured my ankle in high school playing bball

Mini-DV said...

oh my goodness.... first was the car..now your ankle...i hope nothing serious..... I thought basketball shoes were supposed to protect your feet and ankles

keep us updated on your left ankle

Powderpuff said...

Listen to your male friend: "put your shoe back on, the contusion and fracture will be disappeared".
How smart!! How come I didn't think of that!!
However, I hope that it's just a hairline fx. Get well soon~~~

Leigo said...

Hope to hear some good news on Monday when you go back again. Feel better. Let us know if you need any help.

Anonymous said...

I broke my ankle and it sucks!!!Let me know what happens

Mini-DV said...

On second thought….

鬍子該ㄊ-、了
不但可改運
還可以變造形
增加桃花
月亮星星們也會掉下來

eatgod said...

Wow... this is serious.....
I hope you can get better ASAP.

I remembered I twisted my ankle when I tried to slide down from the stair hand stand. I had a black out when I twisted. It HURTS!! I hope this is just a twisted thing.


"鬍子該ㄊ-、了"
Yes, I agree with mini-dv. The "鬍子 might increased your momentum (p= mv) when you drove in to the basket. Not good.