Monday, April 03, 2006

Another 2-hour wait, another x-ray.....
"Mr. Won, congratulation! It appears that there's no fracture.." O. K.....
"....However, the contusion was pretty severe and your talofibular ligament.." what?
".... is bruised. No hard cast is necessary, instead we'll just put it in a softcast with braces."

Well, in a nutshell, guys, I think I'd sprained my ankle.

It's funny, how things can often take unexpected turns. On Friday night (well actually it was Saturday morning, at 3AM) I wrote 生命會在一天天地過活下轉彎。And then, Saturday came along, I ran into a wall, visited the emergecy room, and gave up my Tibetan trip. Sunday, another doctor called with the news of a possible fracture. At the urge of my mom, I canceled my ticket to Taiwan. Monday, the injury was finally confirmed to be no more than a contusion, and I'd notified my supervisor that I'd work at my current job until the beginning of June. 也罷,"山窮水復疑無路,柳暗花明又一村"

To my friends and family: thanks, thanks for everything.

6 comments:

riceman said...

shocking developments!! how long do you have to keep the brace on?

eatgod said...

Are you going to ask another doctor for a forth opinion??:)

wow... it's like watching the soap opera. Come to work on Wing Chun on Saturday instead. All hands.

Mini-DV said...

don't .. no hands either. wait till you shave....

Leigo said...

yes, agree. i think the "no shaving" thing is creating a bad karmic force around you.

Anonymous said...

ah, so taiwan trip is gone? at least you don't have a broken ankle! :)

so no basketball for how many weeks?

Anonymous said...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sprains-and-strains/DS00343/DSECTION=9
Just read your blog. It has been over three weeks since you sprained the left ankle. I guess you are almost fully recovered now. "Minor illness or injury is particularly precious" as it serves as good reminder that we might have overlooked something. Quincy 4/25/06
Unquote