Sunday, August 28, 2005

偷得浮生一日閒

We had a fun day at Lifen S/G's house.

Basketball, frisbee, swimming follow by steam room.....sprinkle with light refreshments (Eugenie's almond tofu - I must have finished half of that bowl) and two excellent meals - although our original beach plan was scratched, the day never felt amiss.

I could go on, but the day is getting late, and with my Hungarian national debt project looming ever nearer like a wisp of black clouds (a working man's Monday - it sure isn't much different from a schoolboy's Monday :), I shall retired, but with this little piece of poem, written by Khalil Gibran, a Lebanese poet who lived in the late 19th century New York, dedicate to friends old and new, in 19th century as well as 21st century New York:

"And let your best be for your friend.
If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also.
For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
Seek him always with hours to live.
For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.
And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."

4 comments:

Leigo said...

I read the "Prophet" in my collage days. At that time, I was still poetic....... Thanks Lifen SG and everyone for the wonderful time. Indeed, it was a fine Sunday afternoon.

eatgod said...

agree. that was a fun Sunday afternoon.

It's good to know that both Lei and chien chien swim much faster than both Jimmy and me.

Anonymous said...

mm, all the fun takes place on sundays...maybe i should change my work schedule! haha~

glad u enjoyed the almond tofu :)

riceman said...

Yes, Sunday was great. Chien thanks for bringing Initial D (good movie) and Eugenie for the almond tofu (good eats). And thanks guys for making me feel like Jordan on the dunk court!